Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and whether you are spending it with your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, or mother, you don’t want to show up empty handed. So I’ve created a gift guide that satisfies all budgets and women.
On Valentine’s day it’s really the little details that count. Flowers are a must, but recently I’ve found an alternative bouquet that is cute and yummy from Edible Arrangements. There’s also the typical teddy bear and chocolates. My favorite chocolates happen to be the Signature Truffles from Godiva.
I’ve recently become a makeup junkie and I love the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks in the colors Sensual Silk (#2), Spicy Pink (#20), and Praline Delight (#24). Lastly, you can never go wrong with a simple pair of earrings, necklace or perfume.
You can shop all my favorites by browsing the thumbnails below.
P.S. Use the code “VDAY 2254” to get $10 off your Edible Arrangement’s order.
So my vacation has sadly come to an end. I’ve had an amazing time here in Colombia and I’m finally tan, but I am excited to go home.
Since I was at the beach and on the boat for the majority of the days in Cartagena, taming my wild, curly hair wasn’t easy. If you’re like me, you probably wish you could have a glam squad with you at all times; however, I enjoyed the natural look. I allowed my skin and hair to breathe and take a vacation of their own. I made sure to protect my skin with SPF and load my hair up with coconut oil. The coconut oil increased the health and shine of my hair dramatically. I recommend using it once or twice a month for all hair types, but make sure wash it out with shampoo after.
Now, I love this beach cover up from Forever 21. It’s easy to throw on after getting out of the water. It is minimal coverage; however, it is chic, comfortable and far from vulgar. I am not such a fan of flip-flops, so these nude, plastic flats are a stylish alternative. Since they are plastic, they can get wet and are easy to wash; perfect for any beach, pool or boating event. Lastly, you can’t forget a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes and avoid squinting.
Photography by Salome Arango
Stuck on what to give the ladies in your life this holiday season? I’ve got you covered! I’ve compiled items for all ages and kinds of women.
- For the beauty gurus, makeup is a must! No questions asked.
- For the girlie girls, accessories are the way to go.
- For the tech obsessed, headphones, a phone case, and/or polaroid camera are simple and memorable.
- For more generalized presents, I recommend a wallet, scented candle, perfume, and/or box of chocolates.
My personal favorite would have to be the selfie stick! What’s yours? Comment below and let people know!
Click on the items below to start shopping!
Perdidos en qué regalar a las mujeres especiales de su vida esta temporada? Creo qué los puedo ayudar! Estos son regalos para todas las edades y tipos de mujeres.
- Para las fanáticas de la belleza, nunca quedarás mal regalando maquillaje.
- Para las mujeres femeninas, regala accesorios: un reloj, aretes o collar son detalles sencillos q les fascinarán.
- Para las que aman la tecnología, unos auriculares (audífonos), estuche de teléfono o teléfono, y cámara son esenciales q se pueden usar día a día.
- Para regalos más generalizados, recomiendo una billetera ,vela, perfume o chocolate.
Mi favorito tendría que ser el palillo para selfies! ¿Cuál es el tuyo? Comenten abajo y déjenme saber!
Haga clic en los artículos debajo para empezar a comprar.
I feel that one should always be comfortable when it comes to fashion. However, there are exceptions. Especially when you love stilettoes; tall stilettoes (like me). Every once in a while it’s good to experience and experiment something new. Take a step out of your comfort zone for a day and/or night and try something bold. Even if it is a little step; something as simple as your makeup. This trend can help you do just that.
Personally, I’ve always been a fan of dark lip colors. I think their sexy and fierce. This Fall, both on the runway and streets, woman everywhere are picking their jam and sporting berry colored lips.
Halloween is around the corner, but you probably don’t want to look like a Vampire. If you are lost on which berry to pick, your skin tone is the best way to determine which shade looks best on you.
If you have fair skin, I would go with a raspberry color: dark but sheer. Medium skin tones can pull of a richer berry color and dark skin tones should wear a deep blackberry color that will contrast against your skin.
Here’s some of my advise for when applying dark, rich colored lipsticks.
1. Exfoliate and moisturize your lips. Use a toothbrush and scrub your lips to leave a smooth surface for application. After, apply clear lip balm to avoid chapped lips.
2.Prime the lips. Apply some foundation before applying any color . This will make your lips nude and show the lipstick or liner’s true color.
3. For a lip that will last you longer, line and fill the lips with lip liner before.
4. You want to avoid looking gothic. So apply a complimentary color blush to even out the tones.
5. Dark lips, light lids. If you’re going for a bold lip, make the eyes simple. Do a simple cat eye or light shadow. Less is more.
So step out of you comfort zone and try it out!
Photography by Salome Arango