I’ve been getting several requests to do hauls on my purchases so I figured I’d test it out with some of my purchases on my Insta Stories (which is EXTREMELY flattering), so I did. If you’re here from Instagram, hi!! If not follow me @carolinaarango or click here. I linked EVERYTHING I ordered below if you’re interested! Let me know what your thoughts were on the haul!!
An easy transition into fall is by changing up your usual nail and/or lip color. Here are some of my favorites that are essential for the fall season.
Lips: I find it essential to have a dark, berry colored lip as well as a mauvy, nude. Finding the perfect fall lip varies on your complexion so head over to your nearest beauty department store to test out different shades for yourself. Both of my favorite fall lipsticks happen to be from Bobbi Brown. Below are swatches of the two.
Click here for some tips on mastering the berry lip.
From left to right. Rich Lip Color in Crimson (#16) and Creamy Matte Lip Color in Latte (#6)
Nails: The easiest way to get into the fall atmosphere is through your manicure. Here are some polishes that suit almost every skin tone and are perfect for the autumn months.
From left to right. (All from Essie) Wicked, Topless and Barefoot, Berry Naughty, and Master Plan.
Highlighting: my favorite part of makeup. Highlighting helps shape the face by enhancing the highest features of your face and adds a healthy glow to the skin. Below I share with you some of my tips and favorite highlighters.
Iluminador es mi parte favorita del maquillaje. Me ayuda a darle forma resaltado las facciones de mi cara y me da ese brillo glamoroso en la piel que todas queremos. A continuación comparto con ustedes mis consejos y iluminadores favoritos.
- Apply highlight to the top of the cheek bones to enhance your bone structure.
- Dab some highlight to the tear-duct/inner corner of the eye to brighten the eyes and make them look more open.
- Draw attention to the face and make your nose look slimmer by dusting highlight on the bridge of your nose and emphasis on the tip.
- Dust some highlight on your cupid’s bow to give the appearance of fuller lips.
- Aplique iluminador a la parte superior de los pómulos para mejorar su estructura ósea.
- Aplique un poco de iluminador en las esquinas internas/conductos lagrimales para iluminar los ojos y que se vean más abiertos.
- Pon atención a tu cara y haz tu nariz lucir pequeña poniendo iluminador en el puente de tu nariz especíalmente en la punta.
- Pon iluminador en la parte superior de los labios para dar la apariencia de labios grandes.
Powder highlights are probably the most used formulas because it suits all skin types, mainly those with oily skin. For people with dry skin, a cream or liquid highlighter works best because it doesn’t enhance dryness. However, the area where you plan to apply the highlighter affects which formula you choose. Liquids and creams are very concentrated, so a dot on the top of your cheekbones and cupids bows is enough. When highlighting larger areas, powder illuminators are easier to apply and more diffused.
El iluminadores en polvo es la fórmula más utilizada porque se adapta a todos tipos de piel, sobre todo los que tienen la piel grasosa. Para las personas con piel seca, un iluminador en crema o líquido funciona mejor, ya que mejora la resequedad. Sin embargo, el área donde vas a aplicar el iluminador también determina que tipo de iluminador usar. Los líquidos y cremas son muy concentrados, por lo que un punto en la parte superior de los pómulos y la parte superior del labio es suficiente. Al resaltar áreas más grandes, iluminadores en polvo son más fáciles de aplicar y difuminar.
Shop My Favorites
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
L’Oreal Liquid Illuminator in Golden
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish
Benefit Watt’s Up!
Benefit Sun Beam
Photography by Salome Arango
It’s safe to say I have officially entered summer. FINALLY! After final projects, presentations and exams, I completed my first year of college and was drained. I barely slept and was at the point that my caffeine needed caffeine. Safe to say, I was a mess. So when I was done, I spent the entire day at the spa and got some much needed beauty sleep. I know I’m not the only one that needs some pampering and relaxing, so below I’ve listed several ways to get into that stress-free, summer mode.
Have a safe, fun & relaxed summer!
Photography by Salome Arango
Today marks week two of the Miami Open, where style meets sports! As an avid tennis fan, I live in Key Biscayne these two weeks, it is one of my favorite events of the year. Everyone should try to make it out to the event or watch it on TV. Get to see some of the world’s best players and Vogue’s April cover girl, Serena Williams. If you manage to attend, here are some essentials I take every day.
2. Hats to protect your face from Miami’s strong sun.
3. A Ball and Sharpie because tennis players are walking around the venue and you might just get a quick picture and ask them for their autograph.
4. A Hand Fan because it gets really hot!!
5. A Face Towel to wipe off the sweat and/or cover your seat in case it is too hot.
6. Sunscreen (very important) to protect your skin and avoid farmers tans and sunburns.
7. Facial Mist is great to add some moisture and replenish the skin.
8. Water is most important! Stay hydrated and avoid getting a heat stroke.
Have lots of fun!! Check the weather to make sure you are prepared for rain or sun. Comment below if you have any questions and I hope to see you there.
For tickets and more information head over to the Miami Open Homepage.